Last Updated: July 12, 2012
Our Core Privacy Principles:
- We take your privacy very seriously.
- We collect your information to provide and improve the Service and increase your enjoyment in using it.
- Providing us with your Personal Information is your choice.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Service and its features and content, to administer your membership, and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
Personal Information. In the course of using the Service, we may ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name and email address. We use your Personal Information to provide the Service and administer your inquiries. We will also use your Personal Information to contact you with Zeen marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the un-subscribe instructions provided in any of the communications. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)
Non-Identifying Information. We may also collect other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your user experience (e.g., without limitation, zip code (on its own), gender and geo-location) (“Non-Identifying Information”). We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries. We may also combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Zeen Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Service is used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver the Service to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Service Usage Information. When you use our Service our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”), including, but not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for via our Service, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Service (including to understand how our users interact with any advertisements), for the Service’s technical administration, to increase our Service’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our visitors’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.
Like many websites and online services, we use “cookies” on our Service to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies to better understand how you interact with our Service, to save your preferences and personalize the Service for you, to monitor aggregate usage by Zeen Users and web traffic routing on our Service and to improve our Service generally. Third parties, including advertisers, may also place or read cookies on your computer. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Service.
We also use “pixel tags,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (individually or collectively “Pixel Tags”) on our Site. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel, embedded on web pages. Pixel Tags are ordinarily not visible to users. Pixel Tags allow us to count the number of Zeen Users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services and to generate statistics about how our Site is used.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share Personal Information with third parties except as follows:
- Registered Users. When you register through the Site and create a profile webpage, you will be prompted to enter certain Personal Information and to create a username. Your name, if you’ve provided it or if it has been provided because you connected using a third-party SNS (see Third Party Social Networking Services below) and username will be listed publicly on our Service as will any other information you provide as part of your profile. Note that your email address will not be publicly visible unless you choose to add it as part of your profile information (see Sharing Member Content With Others below for more information on when your email address may be shared).
- Adding Content to the Service. If you choose to add content to the Service, including without limitation links, images, videos, text, sound, comments, notes or tags (any and all of the foregoing “Member Content”), such content will be publicly viewable via the Service. Your username will also be publicly associated with any Member Content you add.
- Sharing Member Content With Others. In certain instances you may be able to elect to share Member Content with others. In such instances, the person with whom you choose to share Member Content will receive an email notification that you wish to share Member Content with them and that email will originate from the email address associated with your account and therefore that email address will be viewable by the recipient and associated with your username.
- Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
- Searching Using Email Addresses. We may allow users to search by email address for others who use the Service and that could enable someone to find your Zeen account if they know your email address.
- Third Party Social Networking Services. Registered users may link their accounts with certain third party social networking services (“SNSs”) and doing so may associate Personal Information from that SNS with your account on the Service, for instance, your name. If you choose to link your account with an SNS then, with your permission and on your behalf, we will share your Personal Information, including, but not limited to, information contained in your profile and any Member Content with the applicable SNS. Through use of such SNS’s APIs we also receive certain information (which may include your Personal Information) in accordance with the privacy settings you have set in your SNS account, if any. Other than what we may share with the SNS in connection with your linking of accounts, the personal information an SNS has about you is obtained by the SNS independent of our Service. Other services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other services you use. If you link an SNS account to your Zeen account on the Service then, depending on the settings you have selected on the SNS, users of that SNS may be able to search for and find your linked account on the Service and/or use that SNS to view your activity on the Service. We will not post any information to an SNS on your behalf without first obtaining your consent.
- Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect AVOS’ rights or property.
- Business Transfers. AVOS may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy. We will provide you with notice of the transfer of your Personal Information to the new entity.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
Once the Service is fully launched, all registered users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile via the Service. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. Deleting your account will delete Member Content you saved; however, if that Member Content has been saved by another user or is otherwise also associated with another user’s account (for instance a comment you left on another user’s page) then the Member Content will not be deleted from that users’ account if you delete your account. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
AVOS is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ reasonable physical, technological, and administrative security measures and attempt to ensure they are applicable under the circumstances (e.g., we encrypt certain information using secure socket layer technology (SSL)). No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser or third party website, for instance by “clicking on” a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites or over the choice of which third party sites are linked to using the Service. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Service is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information and terminate the account.